Saturday, July 7, 2012

Review: Prettia Custard Brown

Soo if you have seen my past posts, I have bought two boxes of Prettia, one back in January and the other in March. Not sure if that's really the color, but that's what I'm making it out to be :x
 (Ignore the Opal Hair Treatment)

I don't really have proper before after photos.. but I'll try my best with photos that I already have :D They're photos RIGHT before I dyed it.. they're from back in October and November.
So the first one is when I dyed my hair back in January. January 11 to be precise.

Before:
I used Palty Natural Brown & Palty Bleach Root for my roots.

After:
(Pretty sure these are afters..no way my roots can be so brown after a few months lol)
Looks like it has nice coverage huh...
But look again x__x If I lift my hair then it's still black -__-

I thought I just applied it wrong or something.. since mine didn't get as foamy as the one in the official tutorial video.. so I gave it another chance and bought it again for next time.

The second time, I did it right before prom. The before pictures are from about two weeks before I dyed it.

Before:

After:

Conclusion?
Cost: ★★☆☆☆
It's about $16 a box, which is a bit pricey for a box of dye.. and even though most people say one box is enough, I find that I end up running out.. then again my hair is long, so it might be enough for someone with slightly shorter hair, but not me.

Color: ★★★☆☆
Err.. I don't have the box anymore, but I know that I didn't achieve the color on the box. But I'd say it worked well with blending in with the rest of my hair. There's very, very subtle difference in the color of my hair. I can't even see the difference myself.

Coverage: ★☆☆☆☆
Prettia is known to give even coverage and not spotty like traditional hair dye, but not for me. My hair is so spotty. It fails to even get my roots lightened. It's normally an issue where the roots is too light compared to the rest of the hair, but not here because it doesn't even lighten most of it. If I lift my hair up, it's still black. The second time, it feels like I didn't even dye my hair at all.

Application: ★★★★☆
It was foamy, so it's pretty easy to apply. It doesn't get as foamy as the video look though.

Overall: ★☆☆☆☆
I would not be repurchasing Prettia. I don't think I'm applying it wrong. I do exactly as the video says and it's sort of simple, so you can't really go wrong. I thought the first time I messed it up, but after the second time, it's just a waste of money. It doesn't dye my hair well, so I've wasted over $30 for nothing -__- It seems to work well on other people, but not me.

2 comments:

  1. I am/was(?) going to try Prettia, albeit in a darker colour. I've seen good reviews of it but yours has opened my eyes a bit to rethink it, especially since I'm not an expert at hair dyeing. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely still try it though, the application makes it easy for beginners and what doesn't work for me might work for you! :) I guess if it doesn't work the first time, don't try it again to save some money and the damage on your hair.

      Delete