Monday, July 22, 2013

Sushi & Sake Sail II

Yesterday I went to one of the Sushi & Sake Sail events, which is part of the Black Ships Festival in Rhode Island. It was my first time in Newport, but my 3rd time in RI, I think.

We left around 10:30AM and got there by noon or so, and had a lot of time to kill so we just walked around. It was sort of like an outdoor plaza where we were. I think it was downtown, but I'm not sure. 

Anyways, the boat we were on is called the Aurora. Tbh, I was expecting like a cruise ship of some sort, so I was a bit disappointed. 
It was super hot waiting for the boat to set sail, but once it did it, the weather felt perfect. 
We also expected like a sushi buffet but this was all we got... the guy gave us another box to share though because there was extras ^^

Anyways for $35 I don't think it was really that worth it, but it was a good experience. Maybe one of those just to have tried sort of things, but if I had to choose again, I might not do it because I'm already sper broke as it is D:
Before we left, we wanted lobster!! So I looked up a place called Easton's Beach Snack Bar since it had good reviews on Yelp. It was difficult finding parking. Not really, but we just didn't know if we were allowed to or not. But yesss I got my lobster!! It was only $11.57+tax=$12.50. It was kind of small though but for the price I can't complain. 
Anyways ending the post with an obligatory selfie

No comments:

Post a Comment