Monday, February 3, 2014

Winter Break Vacation: Lazy Day

Day 2: December 27, 2013, New York
We woke up at 11, surprisingly, considering how late we went to sleep. But then for the next two hours it was just lots of waking up and falling back to sleep. Finally got out of bed to get dressed, ate leftover food from the night before, and got ready to head out....only to fall back asleep until 6:30PM WTF. 
Sooo finally we headed out around 7. Our first stop was Prosperity Dumplings, due to the raving reviews of how delicious and cheap they were. It was a bit of a walk there but finally got there eventually. The food was good, I got full after 9 dumplings. Wasn't a big fan of my steamed shrimp dumplings. There was too much cabbage. 

So the yesterday I couldn't figure out how to buy a weekly pass, but finally did today. So wasted $10 :(
Next stop was the Rockefeller Center. Walked around the area to see what was good. There's the giant tree. 

Then we went to the Macy's in Herald Square. I didn't know it was the largest one. It had 9 floors.. That was interesting. Spent some time going through every floor just to have gone through them. 

Last stop for the night was the Brooklyn Bridge Park. I wanted to see the Manhattan Skyline at night. The walk from the station was pretty sketchy because it was soo dark. I have better photos from a different night, I think, so I won't post them here.

Went home and slept at like 7 even though we got back at 12. No idea how it got so late. 

No comments:

Post a Comment