Saturday, February 15, 2014

Winter Break Vacation: Rainy Day at the Zoo

I'm pretty sure I drafted this, but I can't find it so I'll rewrite it.

Day 4: December 29, 2014, New York
That day it was super rainy and we only had one umbrella. We definitely had nothing to dress for the nasty weather, whether it was a water-proof jacket or rain boots (or at least not me.) But my friend really wanted to go to the zoo and I wanted to be productive as well, so we went anyways.

But the way there was just terrible. On our way there, I did complain a lot because it was pouring and I was getting soaked. Still, like I said we wanted to be productive and it was also my friend's last day.

So we got to Central Park Zoo and it was practically empty. There were a few other people there, but BARELY. It was soo much smaller than I had anticipated, because when you think of a zoo, you would expect something pretty big. But it was very small and divided into different wings.
After going through everything, we finally left. We didn't really spend that much time there, actually, but we trooped back home.. and by the end of the day I was super upset because of how soaked and uncomfortable I was and I guess I kind of took it out on my friend. I did feel bad though :( I took a warm shower after that and the rest of the night was just super quiet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment