Friday, March 23, 2012

Restaurant Week 2012

Soo I caved in and made an exception to my budgeting and went out to eat for restaurant week. I went to a seafood restaurant called Summer Shack. I dunno if other areas do it too, but it's pretty much two weeks in the year where restaurants try to promote their place with a 3 course meal (appetizer, entree, & dessert) at a certain price for light lunch, lunch, or dinner.

Anyways, to start off, here are the appetizers.
 "R.I. Style" Calamari; I expected just fried calamari.. so I was a bit disappointed. It wasn't that bad, but just not that crispy and it was sorta oily.
Sauteed P.E.I. Mussels; I wasn't a fan of the sauce that this was cooked with. It had some beer(?) flavor or something, which I don't like.
Native 1lb Chix Lobster; We weren't sure how big 1lb is.. but it's a pretty decent size. I thought it tasted sorta plain, but the bf enjoyed it so it's all good :D I was debating between this or what I got.. but since I don't really know how to eat a lobster if it's not pre-cut for me, I decided against it.
Grilled Florida Gulf Shrimp; Again, I thought this was sort of plain. The shrimp just tasted like any other shrimp to me and didn't have much of a flavor.
 Ice cream cake..yum! Can't go wrong with that.
Uhh.. apple crisp with vanilla ice cream?

Anyways, I was a bit disappointed because I sort of expected more from this.. and I actually thought that restaurant week was supposed to be cheaper since it was a flat ~$33 for a meal per person, but when I added up the prices on the menu, this meal was only worth $35.50, so I saved about $2 bucks. If that was the case, then I would've just eaten any other day instead of now..instead of going over my budget! Then again, it might just be this particular restaurant and others may offer better deals.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't get to out for restaurant week. I worked everyday and all the restaurants were in the city xD.

    ReplyDelete