Tuesday, September 16, 2014

First Day of Class

Yesterday was the first day of the official semester. Although Chinese class started last week, all other electives didn’t begin until this week. It was much more tiring than expected. 

On Sunday, I woke up feeling a bit sick and felt sluggish all day and had a sore throat :( I took a nap during the day, but it didn’t really go away. I also ended up staying up until 4:00AM studying plus an hour on Skype :X

Come Monday morning, I woke up feeling much better after taking this Chinese medicine. I went to Chinese class and I think I nailed my dictation for once :X I’ve been doing pretty bad on all the other ones and making simple mistakes. I even wrote 年 wrong WTF. 

After class, I went to Walmart to pick up some groceries since I’m pretty much all out. I’ve been cooking since coming back from Yunnan and only ate out twice, once for a snack and another because I think we were too lazy to cook..? Came back and made beef and pepper udon. It was a bit too mushy though.

Then had a marketing class at 3:20-6:00.. ehhh marks the first time falling asleep in class this semester. It was mainly an intro to the class though, like what’ll happen over the semester and such…as far as I know.

Next class was at 6:30-9:00.. My first night class. It wasn’t too bad, but it was another introduction to the course. Turns out this girl from my program is also taking these two classes with me. But suddenly, during our break, this girl had a seizure because she’s epileptic. O_O Never seen that happen before.. 


Finally got out of class and had to make dinner once I got back. Didn’t even finish everything until 11:00PM.. Ahhh!! I feel like half my week will be like this too, with having three night classes + internship, so once things pick up I’ll be super tired all the time :X I’m already tired and classes haven’t even started assigning work yet..

Overall, I actually expected my class sizes to be smaller like.. <10 students but they were all pretty packed with at least 30-50 students.

My third class starts today so hopefully it's not too bad. Until next time! 

1 comment:

  1. I hope you adjust to the hectic schedule soon, just reading the times of your classes makes me feel weak and tired DX I can't even stand a lab that only ends at 5pm and even if it's meant to end at 5pm I try to finish earlier so I can leave, ahaha (super lazy student right here). I hope your third class went well! :)

    ReplyDelete