Friday, January 2, 2015

Shenzhen: Seafood Galore

November 9, 2014
Started off the morning picking melons off of this giant garden that looks more like a mini forest. 
Headed to this market place by the waters to pick up some fresh seafood to cook for dinner!! 
Tried this mochi with peanut fillings and quail eggs. First time eating whole quail eggs and they were really good. Tastes just like chicken eggs, just smaller.

Went to 大海沙海滨公园 (Dameisha Beach) to look around
The beach, was so-so. We didn't spend that much time there, so I can't say for certain.
The plaza part was super pretty though! 
Bottom photo stolen from Cory's camera. Look at my arm...it was massive. Ate way too much in Shenzhen and the week before coming. I never have people photos so I thought I'd throw this in. 

After we were done looking around the area, we went to a relative's place to cook dinner..hehe my favorite part.
Peeing shrimp
Snail (couldn't get most of them out though)
Crab
Potatoes
More snail
Taro thing... eh. 
Chicken

All homemade!! So yummy and fresh!! Needless to say, I stuffed myself way more than anyone else at the dinner table. 

Our flight back to Shanghai was delayed, fucken Spring Airlines!! >:( 

It was a nice getaway nonetheless, but I wish I saw more of Shenzhen itself! Like the more central areas and whatnot. Half the time was spent in Hong Kong, so... Only had a day to see very specific parts of the city. 

Next posts on Hangzhou :) didn't make it to publishing everything before the end of the year, but I'm still doing better than I did all semester lol. Mostly motivated by wanted to post about the recent trips, but I want a proper sequence. Anyways, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment