Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Shenzhen: Day Trip to Hong Kong

November 7, 2014
The weekend was originally supposed to be spent going to Beijing, but we found out that APEC was taking place this weekend, so we ended up deciding last minute to go to Shenzhen because Cory has family there. Last minute as in...booking Wednesday morning for a Friday night flight ^^
The flight wasn't until 10:00PM, so we met up near 南京西路 (West Nanjing Rd) for food at 权味石锅拌饭 (Korean restaurant) and got this curry dish with Korean flavors to it. We flew out from Pudong and because Spring Airlines is kinda shit, it was delayed ><;;; Always with their delays bah. Cory's aunt and uncle was picking us up and everything too. So we didn't reach where we were staying until 4:00AM T_T

November 8, 2014
We had dimsum in the morning. I think it's more Hakka styled foods, so I didn't eat like half of it >< because they weren't foods that I would like. 

We went to Hong Kong! Second time in Hong Kong this year already, heh. We took a bus there and it's kinda funny because at the bus stop, we have to go through immigration to leave China, then get on the bus and it drives for 20 seconds, just to drop us off at immigration for entering Hong Kong. So the bus is literally located right at the border haha. I forgot how much it costs, but I think it was HK$45 for a roundtrip and it's only about 1.5 hours ride. 
 Yummy street food
Curry Pork chop + eggs over rice & a legit milk tea (didn't like it though)

Also visited this store on 花园街 (Fa Yuen Gai) that we liked last time and bought more clothes from there. :D It's only like HK$50-60 per piece too.  

A frustrating thing about this experience my aunt from the States wanted me to ask my aunt from Hong Kong to buy her jeans. I told my cousin (HK aunt's son) this and that I would go to my aunt's work to pick it up. I'm coming to Hong Kong with friends so I won't be staying in Hong Kong but going back to Shenzhen. (Originally he asked, with so many people, how can we all fit at his place?) Yadda yadda, I reiterated that I would be going to my aunt's workplace to get it. 

When I got to her workplace, she told me that the jeans were at her place because my cousin said I would be staying over WTF. I was mad because now I couldn't get the jeans because we were only here for half a day and they live an hour away (2 hours roundtrip) and it was already late afternoon. Plus I went all the way to the workplace to pick it up too. I was so upset arggg. And scolded my cousin ofc. But after a while, I felt bad that I showed such an attitude to my aunt because I'm just like, no I don't have time to go get it. I can't get it, etc etc. And I was just visibly upset. 
We went to Tsim Sha Tsui again but mainly for photos and whatnot, we didn't stay for the light show. I'm glad I had my camera this time because I didn't last time and took shit-quality photos with my phone. 

We rushed back to the bus station to catch the last bus.. Omg felt so bad because we were taking our time with taking photos that we didn't know that we were running out of time. (Cory's aunt/uncle didn't rush us to leave). When we got there the bus was full already...but there was still one more bus coming. Phewwww.
When we got back to Shenzhen, we found a local place for seafood (crab & shrimp) porridge! Cory kept raving about it, so I had high expectations but it didn't feel like THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST CONGEE I'VE EVER EATEN. Okay now that I think about it, it was actually pretty good though, I'll give it that.

Next post more on Shenzhen itself, though I didn't really see that much of it tbh.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment