Sunday, December 28, 2014

Hong Kong: Afternoon Tea @ Peninsula Hotel The Lobby

October 7, 2014
I wanted to try afternoon tea for a while now and my friend also recommended it, so why not pretend to be fancy for the afternoon? Hehehe.

The Peninsula Hotel was right off the exit at Tsim Sha Tsui, but getting to Exit L3 was a troop as usual. 
The theme was “Peninsula in Pink” to support breast cancer awareness (October). HK$338 or HK$598 for two (+10% surcharge for service). 

We were worried we wouldn’t have enough time just because there was so many people in front of us in line since we didn’t get there ahead of time, and it’s an activity where people just sit there to relax, so when will it ever be our turn?! But in the end it was only about an hour or so wait. Maybe an hour and a half, I forgot, but it wasn’t as bad as I had anticipated and passed by pretty quickly.
According to the menu, it came with:
  • A selection of finger sandwiches and savoury pastries 
  • Home-made afternoon tea pastries
  • Freshly-baked raisin scones (which ended up cold cuz we took too long with taking pictures fol)
  • Devonshire clotted cream
  • Strawberry preserve
Our choices of tea: Early Grey & Chamomile Orange Blossom 
We actually just had lunch like…two hours before we got served so we were still full so halfway through I felt like I had to force myself to eat because…I wanted to try everything. Maybe I’m just a fatass fml. The food was pretty good though! 
The tea, well, I’m not really picky when it comes to tea and I can’t differentiate between good tea and bad tea, so I have to admit that it tastes like my $2 box of teabags from the store. Wompwomp. 

Hehe it’s nice to indulge myself once in a while. This definitely didn’t have to be a Hong Kong activity since you can do afternoon tea just about anywhere for like the same price, so I dunno if it was a good use of the time I had left in Hong Kong but it was a relaxing way to end it. Definitely want to do this again :)

With this, I'm done with my Hong Kong posts! We rushed back home to pick up our luggage and went straight to the airport. Shitty Spring Airlines delayed the flight (by like 2-3 hours?) and didn't tell us, so we didn't get home until really, really late. 

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment