Sunday, December 14, 2014

Taiwan to Hong Kong

October 4, 2014: Taipei, Taiwan >> Hong Kong
Last day in Taipei! We started off with a traditional Taiwanese breakfast in Guting at a small stall. It was pretty good, especially the pancake thing. It was still morning, so I wasn't that hungry. This was enough for three people + one more pancake dish.
Then we realized that we didn’t even get to try 牛肉面, so right after breakfast, we went to the shop next door for more early lunch wtf. It’s not traditional beef noodles, and it’s more like a fast-food chain sorta thing, so maybe next time I can have something more authentic. I don’t even remember how this tasted, I think it was just ok. The other thing is a tofu appetizer.
I thought that this part of the terminal was cool for some reason.

After getting lost in the area of the bus terminal (since there were different parts of it) we finally found it. It’s NT$125 for the bus to the airport, so much cheaper than cabbing it :X But we had no choice the first day because we got back late. We still had a lot of time to spare, so we walked around the station. 

Naturally, we gravitated towards food...
Mos Burger….yummmmmmm….. basically sticky rice patties with food filling. We also bought a seafood one to go incase we got hungry (aka when we wanted to be a fatass). 
Apparently Uncle Tetsu’s Cheese Cake is a famous chain and there were a lot of people in line so we decided to get that too (NT$199). It’s not like actual cheesecake, but more like a fragrant sponge cake. It was nice and fluffy but by the time we ate it, it cooled a bit even though it was straight from the oven or whatever. I bought one for my aunt too since I was staying at her place, but they don’t eat that kind of stuff T_T 
(I think) this time our flight didn’t get delayed, yay! 

Hong Kong
When we landed in Hong Kong, I realized that I had been a bit misinformed on which bus to take to get to my aunt’s place. Because there was some miscommunication and it was just frustrating talking to my mom because she doesn’t listen >:( All the while, Wi-Fi was a bit limited and I disconnected whenever I got to the bus terminal of the airport.

“Aunt told me to take this bus but the board said it doesn’t go there! Are you sure it’s XX bus?"
“WHO TOLD YOU TO TAKE THAT OTHER BUS? DID YOU GET ON THE WRONG BUS? I’LL TELL THEM TO GO TO THE OTHER BUS STOP TO PICK YOU UP.”
“No I didn’t get on any bus yet.”
“SO YOU TOOK THE WRONG BUS?”
“No, I’m going to take the bus that I was supposed to.”
“I’LL TELL THEM TO GO TO THE OTHER STOP TO PICK YOU UP.”
-Bye-

Luckily, this lady lent me her phone on the bus so I was able to call my cousin to tell her which bus stop I'll be getting off at. The bus ride took longer than I thought so she ended up having to wait for us :( 
Got some wonton noodles (HK$25) from a random stall. It tasted okay, but made me realize that things weren’t as cheap in Hong Kong as it is in Shanghai, such as for food… 

I also met one of my older guy cousins for the first time. Nothing significant about the meeting, but it was just unexpected because I forgot that I had one LOL -_- 

Still dreading the rest of Hong Kong posts because of all the photos >< I'm going to try to get all of my China posts done. 

I'm going to go to Tokyo right after the program ends ^__^ It's kind of funny because when I was 14-15, there was a point where I said I'd go to Japan when I'm 20 and it's really happening :O

No comments:

Post a Comment