Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Shanghai is a Go!

Last week I got the email for my acceptance for my study abroad program in Shanghai! :D There was a bit of delay because the system glitched so they didn't review my application until a bit later. I just paid my deposit and filled out a couple of online forms earlier, so I'm another step closer.

Sadly it's only a semester long, like most other study abroad programs. Didn't one year used to be more common? I'm hoping to travel to Asia, possibly Hong Kong, maybe a week earlier so I can go play a bit before having to stay in Shanghai. I'm also hoping to be able to travel throughout Asia during my stay, depending on when I have breaks and over winter break as well. But it's going to cost a lot, so I NEED a job this summer for sure. 

Oh, I opted to take the 5th and 6th level Chinese while I'm there. It was either that or 3rd/4th semester, but I feel that I'm somewhere between 4th and 5th, so it was kinda hard to decide which to go for. The easier one will probably guarantee a better grade, but I do want to improve my Chinese so I opted for the more advanced one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment