Friday, March 14, 2014

Spring Break 2014

This spring break I went to New York, so nothing too special. There wasn't much of a reason to stay home because nobody else would be there. I booked my tickets last month, and I was able to get them for $6.50 roundtrip :))

The ride up wasn't bad at all, I spent it watching My Love from the Star. The ony thing was I couldn't find the outlet lol because it was on the overhead for the opposite side, but it was between the seats for mine and I couldn't find it. When I finally did, it stopped working >:( so I ended up using up most of my phone's battery, whoops.

I got there sort of late so I just got takeout to bring back to eat and that was about it for the rest of the night.

The next day, I woke up to go watch my friend play handball. I went to Wah Fung #1 Fast Food for lunch and ended up getting a small 叉烧饭 for $3.50. The big one was definitely a better deal, but I couldn't finish it. I only ate half of mine, which I brought back for a midnight snack. 

Next, we went to Brooklyn to play pool and ping pong. Spent probably two hours or so there. Had dinner at Gia Lam II, a Vietnamese restaurant that I suspect to be owned by Chinese people because the servers spoke Chinese. Had a bit of a night high because my friend and I just sat there for a while laughing for no reason. 

The next day I woke up at 7:30AM because it was kind of noisy..despite going to bed around 4:00AM. So I just watched more of my drama. The agenda for the day was KBBQ, Dave and Busters, and Joe's Shanghai to finish off. The KBBQ place was in Flushing, which seemed so much further than the first time I went, or maybe just because the restaurant was a 20 minute walk from the station. Anyways, I ended up taking one of those vans that goes from Chinatown to Flushing for $3.75 because it seemed quicker that way and cheaper than taking the LIRR. 

I'm not sure why but my boots were scratching the back of both my feet really badly so walking was a bitch. I checked it after and the inside back of my boots are starting to get messed up :/ I only got them a few months ago too. 

The KBBQ place I went to is called Picnic Garden. The service was alright, the waitress came around sometimes to cut up the meat. It was an all you can eat place, with options laid out for you to grab and some prepared foods, which was cold/slightly warm at best. The total came to about $18+tip/person, which I think is cheap for KBBQ. 

After that we took the bus back and dropped by Kungfu Tea and Paris Baguette. But because of a mean comment I made, my friends left me there wtf. I think they may have jokingly left, or maybe not, but I'm not really the type to go find them when they do that so I went home instead. And that was about the rest of my day. I got curry chicken for takeout from a Vietnamese place. 

On Thursday, I spent the day with a friend from school. I ended up a bit late because I overslept and had a hard time getting out of bed. We met up at the Rockefeller Center and the whole day we kind of walked within that area.. Since we passed by it at least three times. We walked around Park Ave, went to Korea Town, and Grand Central Station because I've never been to the last two before. We went to a restaurant called Kun Jip. I had a soon doo boo and it was alright. I got full quickly. 
Dropped by another Paris Baguette to pick up some pastries. I ended up indulging myself in the very berry shortcake (?) and it ended up tasting like a typical Chinese birthday cake. I was hesitant because it was pricey ($5.75?) and it probably was a waste but oh well. Lesson learned. I also got the Tiramisu bun thing, which I reallyed liked. The fruit pastry was dry so it wasn't as good. The chocolate cream bun was also average. 

We went to Bryant Park after and I finally found a Kinokuniya. If it was a few years ago, I would probably splurge on the monthly phone book manga for the furoku, but nah. We went to the library afterwards so look around. It reminds me of a more spacious version of Copley Library. Then we sat down to chat a bit. 
We decided to go to Uniqlo to end the day but we ended up at Times Square on the way because there was an AE there. I went to F21 and got two pairs of shorts :) I got a sweater from Uniqlo which I'll probably give my mom or keep if she doesn't like it. There wasn't a bit need or want for it so I couldn't justify just getting one for myself. 
When I got back home I had an octopus spinach noodles dish that my brother got me. It was very...healthy because it was half salad, half noodles plus some slices of octopus. It was good though. I expected it to be a hot, cooked dish but it was all cold. 

I spent the night looking at job postings and went to bed. The next day I woke up much earlier than necessary but got tired so took a quick nap, which I shouldn't have because my bus was at 11:10AM and I didn't get off the train until 11:07AM and there was still another half-mile walk. Luckily... The bus was late because I got there around 11:18AM and it hadn't arrived yet. Normally I would be upset but this time I'm grateful. The ride back wasn't awful but it seemed longer, probably because I didn't want to kill my data watching my drama because the wifi is kinda crappy and I only took a short nap.

Anyways, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment