Monday, March 17, 2014

Winter Break: Brooklyn & Sick

Day 5: December 30, 2013 - Day 12: January 6, 2014, New York
For the next few days, a couple of friends joined me in New York, so I spent most of my time in Brooklyn. Since I'm writing this like a month later, I honestly don't remember too much so I'll probably cut it short.
Had curry for lunch when we met up

I went shopping at Woodbury Common. I bought a few things from J.Crew for the first time and from a few other stores. I think at least 30% of the money I spent during the duration of the trip was from this day. 

I got to try Joe's Shanghai, which has a lot of raving reviews on Yelp. It was my second time trying 小龙包 and it was good, but I couldn't tell the difference between crab meat and pork (?) ones. The scallion pancake was also yummy.

Originally, we were supposed to go watch the ball drop for New Year's, but they didn't really seem to want to and it was also really cold that night, so we decided against it and just stayed in. It's still on my bucket list to do though.

I also tried sliders from White Castle for the first time, I think I had like 5 or 6 even though I wasn't even planning on eating that many T_T

We were also supposed to go to Philly, but that didn't work because of huge snowstorm.

I tried okonomiyaki for the first time. I forgot what I thought of it though.

Curry ramen... it wasn't that good though.

I headed back to Manhattan on Saturday morning and by then I was starting to get pretty sick. For the next few days until it was time to go to Canada, I stayed in bed, sick. I had quite a bit of a fever and did nothing but sleep for most of the day.

Well, that was basically it for New York. 

No comments:

Post a Comment