Monday, March 3, 2014

Club Nationals: Bad Sportsmanship?

Yesterday I had club nationals for fencing. For the individuals, I went 2-2, which was alright and I wasn't too disappointed with that. But afterwards I just started doing poorly. For my very last match, it was against a seemingly inexperienced girl. I say that because my first match against her earlier that day I was able to quickly win the bout. But this second time around, I reacted poorly every time and in the end I lost, and I couldn't help but think, "how did I lose to her?" I mean, I know exactly how. But still, I admit it's very rude toward her to think that way, but I can't help it. Granted, I didn't throw a tantrum like some of the other girls on a different team did, and most of it was just internal. I kept my thoughts to myself because it would've been super bad sportsmanship to shit on that girl, especially since she did deserve her points. My loss did cost us 3rd place :( 

Ahhh, well nationals are in a month! So that will be exciting. In the mean time, I have midterms coming up this week, so... ^^;;;; I should be working on that. That, and I still have some overdue posts.

Anyways, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment