Monday, August 25, 2014

Shanghai: The Flight There

I woke up around 4:30AM to get ready and finish up with last minute packing and headed out by 5:30AM. I got through security and everything before 7:00AM and my flight as at 9:15AM D: So I had so much time to spare. Going through security didn't take long or anything, just as if it was a domestic flight. So I had to switch at Detroit and before the plane even took off, I knocked out and didn't really wake up until after the plane had landed danggg. 

Then the second leg of the trip, I didn't spend too much of it sleeping. I ended up watching About Time, Taken 2, Despicable Me 2, and Meet the Millers. The plane has personal screens for everyone and had a good selection of movies, too. About two hours before it landed, I got a bit nauseous, so I tried sleeping it off, which helped a little. I think I might've just had to burp it off and also there was a bit of turbulence. 
They fed us well (1 light snack, 1 medium snack, 2 meals) plus came around a lot for water. At least once or twice between each meal + during the meals. 

Got off the plane around 2:30PM the next day and going through immigration was a breeze. I just had to fill out a slip of paper with basic information (name, address, signature, etc.) and I was done in like 2 minutes. There was a bit of a wait though since there were a lot of people at that time. My checked bag got really dirty though..like someone wiped yellow chalk all over it or something. 

Then I waited for the rest of the students to come in on the group flight, but they weren't getting in until 7ish...so it was a 5 hour wait. I ended up watching a few episodes of Glee and got really sleepy at some point so I just slept. But then there was like a 1.5 hour delay on their flight so more waiting D: and then had to wait for them to get off the plane, go through immigration, and get their baggage. 

So did not get to the apartment until 11:00PM...so not sure if it was even worth the wait. I decided to wait because I figured there wasn't much to do in the apartment anyways, aside maybe sleep. I assumed there was no internet there, too. So this way I could meet up with everyone + save money on the cab (and maybe getting scammed) since they provided a bus that took us there. 

Did a midnight run to the local convenience store. I think depending on what you buy the stuff is cheaper? I bought a celebratory drink, bottled milk tea, and 2 rolls of paper towels for 26¥ (~$4-5). 

Anyways, kinda excited to at least walk outside or something tomorrow so until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment