Thursday, June 4, 2015

Tony Moly Incident

After this semester, I concluded I just don't have the best of luck with Korean cosmetic stores. First one was in Etude House in Shanghai, read [here]. So I guess this would be the second one.

Btw, I do admit that it was probably my fault.

So I walked into the Myeongdong shop and started looking at their nail polish. I dunno about you, but sometimes I take out the brush to see the color, even if I don't actually brush it on to test out. So I did that. 

Then this saleslady comes over to me freaking out, telling me that I can't test it. I did get pretty defensive because she came out of nowhere yelling (not that angrily, but more in a scolding way) at me T__T So I was just like I'm not testing it!! Because I really didn't put any of the nail polish on myself and I only opened the bottle.

Then she kept repeating herself saying that I can't test it. And I started getting upset because I really wasn't but she kept accusing me of doing so. There was a language barrier fyi.

Eventually, I got so defensive that I started yelling back that I wasn't even testing it and that I was planning to buy it (truth) but now I don't want it anymore [because she ruined my mood] T___T

Dundundun...then the moment of truth. I noticed that there was a safety seal on it, wtf. Either I have godzilla hands and opened it without noticing or the seal was already broken in the first place. I'm not really sure which is the case though.

So I was like shit... The lady never actually forced me to pay for it but just scolded me, and at this point she was just staring at me in disbelief and upset. So in the end I just bought it because I was going to buy it anyways.. and I did  (possibly) "ruin" a sellable product, so I thought it was the right thing to do lol.

By the time I left the store, it was empty lol...I hope it's not because of my outburst. I'm so embarrassing ahhh :(

Sidestory//
Incident #3 was just buying this volcanic face mask from Innisfree. I asked the saleslady which one I should buy because there was two and she recommended one over another. But when I went into a different shop, I overhead the saleslady there telling another customer that the one I bought is for oily skin. So I was kinda upset over that because I told my saleslady that I didn't have oily skin... and at this point the other mask seemed more suitable.

Apparently the shop in Myeongdong is a franchise? Because I wasn't allowed to exchange the one I bought at the other shop... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment