Sunday, November 11, 2012

China Glaze: Glittering Garland vs. OPI: Live and Let Die

After I put on Live and Let Die, I realized that it seemed pretty similar to Glittering Garland, which I bought months before. I haven't actually tried Glittering Garland yet, but I just remembered that it was a pretty dark green with shimmer. It seems that a lot of other people have been wondering if they were the same as well. 
Three coats each
As you can see, they are NOT the same. Glittering Garland is a lot brighter and lighter because it has denser green shimmers. Live and Let Die has more subtle shimmers consisting of mostly gold, but with some darker green shimmer. 

I thought the shimmer of Live and Let die would build up with more coats, but it actually didn't do anything. 

Bottle shots:

It really depends on your personal preference of which one you like more. Glittering Garland is definitely more noticeable and lighter, whereas in dimmer lighting or from afar, Live and Let Die has a very subtle shimmer effect. I actually can't decide which one I like more haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment